Sunday, March 13, 2011

Craving Pamela's.....

One of my favorite places in Pittsburgh is Pamela's Diner. The pancakes...crepes...home fries...ahhh it's all so good! If you have never been there, you need to go! Right now! Drop everything and go to Pamela's! Ok, you probably can't do that, but you really should make plans to stop by Pamela's for breakfast or lunch sometime soon. There are six locations in the Pittsburgh area so I'm sure you can find one close to you!

My inspiration for this very tasty blog post strangely came from a Denny's commercial that I saw last night! Denny's must have paid NBC some serious dough for all the commercials they ran during Saturday Night Live last night. Anyways, after I saw all the commercials last night I got a craving for pancakes. Not Denny's pancakes, Pamela's pancakes! I guess the commercials' didn't have the effect on me that they were meant to. Unfortunately, I had to settle for King's pancakes this morning, which are not even comparable to the delectable hotcakes at Pamela's. But my dad did promise a trip to Pamela's very soon, and I can't wait! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

The home of the best pancakes in the 'Burgh gained national attention when President Obama stopped by on a campaign stop in Pittsburgh. The future Commander-in-Chief was so fond of the Pamela's pancakes and home fries that he asked the diner's owners to prepare breakfast at the White House! After overcoming some obstacles (like the differences between the grills at Pamela's and the grills at the White House), they made a delicious breakfast for a Memorial Day event in D.C. Apparently 'Burghers aren't the only ones who love eating breakfast at Pamela's!

I hope I made you very hungry! Now, go mark "breakfast at Pamela's" on your calendar :)

1 comment:

  1. I have nothing but great things about Pamela's! I must check it out. Lyndsay this blog is amazing. You have made it your own. And 22 blog entries? You go, girl! Well done.

    ReplyDelete