Friday, March 25, 2011

Penguins & Cheescake

The weekend is almost upon us, and I can't wait for it to begin!

I have a very busy and exciting weekend ahead of me, including an entire day spent downtown on Sunday. My dad and I have tickets to the Penguins game, and afterwards, we'll be eating dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in the South Side Works (pictured at left). Mmm, hockey and cheesecake. Two of my absolute favorite things!

I love watching hockey games at the Consol Energy Center and chowing down on delicious cuisine, but I also love simply being downtown. It's no secret that I love the 'Burgh, and I truly enjoy every opportunity I get to hang out in the city. I love watching all the fans walk towards the arena on a "hockey afternoon in Pittsburgh." While the sports are certainly one of the best things about the 'Burgh (besides the baseball team that shall not be named), I think the unity the teams cause is even better. Thousands of people joining together and cheering for their favorite team in a beautiful new rink is an amazing thing to see. Sure, sports teams in all cities bring fans together, but the unity of fans is even more apparent in the 'Burgh.

Meanwhile, the Cheesecake Factory brings people for different reasons, such as hungry tummies and chocolate cravings. My mouth starts watering simply thinking about their food, but I also look forward to walking around the South Side Works. All of the shops are unique and interesting, and they provide a great distraction while waiting for a table at the restaurant. Additionally, the views of the skyline from across the river are some of the best in the 'Burgh!

I'll be posting some pictures from my Sunday in the city next week, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment