Saturday, April 2, 2011

A bit of heaven in the 'Burgh

About 30 minutes east of downtown Pittsburgh there is a bakery that has been sent from above. Sweet is primarily known for its ice cream, but I recently discovered their cake balls. AKA pieces of heaven here on Earth. Imagine for a second...your favorite kind of cake mixed with icing, covered in chocolate. Is your mouth watering yet?

I chose the peanut butter (on right) and red velvet flavors. I would highly recommend both. Like I said, they're heaven on earth!

Even though I only recently tasted Sweet's delicious cake balls, I'm no stranger to the idea of them. I've been a longtime follower of the blog Bakerella, even though my attempts at creating the site's treats have always failed. The blogger always makes my mouth water with the pictures of her delicious desserts! While reading her blog one day I discovered her recipes for cake balls. I experimented with the recipe for red velvet cake balls, but it failed miserable. Let's just say that baking is not my forte. Anyways, Bakerella eventually came up with a recipe for cake pops that has become world famous. She wrote a book about them, and they are now sold in Starbucks cafes! I'm almost certain that Sweet got the idea for cake balls from Bakerella, and I'm so thrilled that I finally got to taste the delicousness I have been reading about for years!

So here I am recommending even more unhealthy food for you! But just like Pamela's pancakes, Sweet's cake balls are simply delectable. Go to sweet right now and taste one of the closest things to heaven on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment