Friday, April 8, 2011

I love Pittsburgh, but...

...I can't take this crazy weather anymore!

Rain. Snow. Clouds. Hail. TORNADOES.

This is certainly not the weather I have been hoping and praying for months. According to the calendar, we're eight days into April and it's officially spring. By this time of year the sun should be shining and the temperatures should be steadily climbing. Instead, the sun seems to be hibernating and the temperatures seem to be dropping, not rising. Perhaps Western Pennsylvanians did something to offend Mother Nature? Mother Nature, I hope you read this blog, because I just wanted to tell you on behalf of all Pittsburghers that WE'RE SORRY. Now, can you please send some springy weather? Pretty please? With sugar on top and a cherry?

Because as much as I love Pittsburgh, I want nothing more than a plane ticket and hotel reservation in somewhere like this...

Hawaii

Turks and Caicos

Hmm, maybe my apology was accepted, because it seems that the weather will be getting a little brighter over the next few days.

Ok, well maybe just on Sunday. 80 degrees...woooohooo! Severe thunderstorms you say? But it will be warm! That's a step in the right direction! I do realize that April is a crazy month for weather and is known as the "rainy month," but come on! I think I can speak for all Western Pennsylvanians when I say BRING ON SPRING!

Please and thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I am always impressed with what you do here, Lyndsay. Well done. I hope you continue this blog so I am updated on all things Pittsburgh!

    ReplyDelete