Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sunshine > Winning


Demolished.
That's a pretty good word to describe the result of the Pens' playoff game on Saturday. They were shut out for most of the game, but managed to score two measly goals by the final buzzer and lost 8-2 to Tampa. My co-worker and I had sneakily changed the radio station to 105.9 (the radio home of the Pens), but we reverted to our usual station once the enemies scored their fifth unanswered goal. We refused to suffer through any more of that nonsense! Of course, I was shocked and saddened by the result of the game. The Pens could have clinched the series with a win, despite the absence of the two-headed monster. Now, they will attempt to clinch tomorrow night back in sunny Florida.
After a few minutes of mourning, I quickly realized the reason behind my favorite team's lack of motivation: sunny Florida. Surely, the guys understood that a loss meant another trip to south Florida. They probably salivated at the thought of one more chance to soak up some rays in Tampa and look up at a sunny, blue sky. I can hardly blame them. At this point, I would do almost anything to get away from this gloomy excuse for "spring weather" (see below post). Given the chance, I think I would choose another day staring at the Florida sunshine over a few more days staring at the gray clouds here, too. So, if the Pens clinch the series tomorrow and stop the Lightning with some Flower power, I'll feel a little better about their Saturday suckitude. After all, I would probably choose sunshine and a Game 6 win over continued torture from Pittsburgh's weather gods.
Now, excuse me while I search for the next flight to the Sunshine State...

No comments:

Post a Comment